How very exciting! Another award nomination! Thank you A Way With Words !!!
The Liebster Award is intended for new blogs (particularly those with 200 or less followers) to raise their profile awareness.
But just who was this Liebster anyway?
I imagine some literary agent – Cyrus Brood – who for 40 years took great pleasure in denying the dreams of aspiring authors, flitting query letters in the waste baskets, lining the bottom of his birdcage with manuscript pages. laughing at proposed plots over martinis with a gang of publishers at the local steam room.
Then one day, a woman in a brown skirt comes to him in tears.
“Are you Mr. Brood?”
“Why yes, I am?”
She hands him a manuscript.
“I am Iris Liebster. This was my son Lawrence’s. He shot himself last night. His last request was that I give this to you. Will you read it?”
“Well, I, um… ” he looked into her eyes, “I will.”
And he did. And it was good. Very good. It was a critical success. It became a best seller. A whopping best seller.
With his share of the royalties, he established a trust for “The Liebster Awards”.
With this story in mind, I simply must accept this award and follow its terms, which are –
1) Post 11 random facts about myself (below).
2) Answer 11 questions (further below).
3) Make up 11 more questions (in later post).
4) Nominate 11 more blogs (also in later post).
11 Random Facts:
1. I have a tendency to buy books because they have pretty covers.
2. I wish I had a TARDIS.
3. At work I am in charge of the money and the customer service. ROTAS are hell!
4. I am clumsy. I drop everything it’s possible to drop.
5. Music is in my heart. I play piano and guitar and write songs sometimes.
6. I wrote a musical with my friend Caz when we were in college. It was called Freaks in the Attic.
7. Buffy changed my life.
8. Robin Jarvis is my favourite author.
9. I love Turkish Delight flavoured everything!
10. My favourite album is Lost in Space by Aimee Mann. Well, today it is.
11. I love owls!
11 Questions Answered:
1) What brand of deodorant do you use? (If you don’t use one, make one up – WordPress isn’t equipped with a lie detector – yet.)
1) I tend to buy what’s on offer – I’m not a labelist.
2) What book(s) are you reading now?
2) The Writer’s Tale by Russell T Davies and Benjamin Cook, Is It Just Me by Miranda Hart, and Oblivion by Anthony Horowitz.
3) If you were a Beatle, who would you be (John, Paul, George, or Ringo)?
3) Ringo. Only coz I like the name!
4) Name one of your guilty pleasures.
4) Mamma Mia
5) What (or Who) inspired you to create your blog?
5) It was time to reach out to other writers. I was feeling very enthusiastic back in January, and filled with the New Year get-up-and-go I decided to start writing a commentary on my novel writing escapades. Like a making of DVD extra!
6) Where were you when (choose one) – a) JFK was shot. ; b) Watergate was exposed. ; c) OJ Simpson was arrested. ; d) The Twin Towers collapsed.
6) d) I was in college in Gorseinon. Lectures came to a halt and I remember vividly the bus ride home and everyone being in the same emotional state.
7) Share a favorite Bible verse (or quote from classic literature).
7) “You’re a wizard, Harry.”
8) Do you believe in parallel universes? (If so, do you know how I might visit one. No, really, I want to know…)
8) I’m not sure I believe in them, but the universe is infinite. Anything is possible. I love tv episodes where they go to parallel universes. Fringe was genius telly. The Wish from Buffy is my favourite ep. So exciting to see different versions of characters you know and love.
9) List 3 songs you never get tired of listening to.
9) Torn – Natalie Imbruglia, Ironic – Alanis Morissette, Humpty Dumpty – Aimee Mann, but I could go on…
10) As you were growing up, what posters (if any) did you have on your walls?
10) At the risk of complete world-wide embarrassment, I’m going to be honest. I went through a Manchester United phase, followed by a Spice Girl phase, followed by a South Park/Friends/Buffy mash up. Oh dear.
11) Have you ever memorized a poem? If so, what poem?
11) I have never memorised a poem. I was once given a valentines day card with a poem written inside (I was 15), and my friends continue to use it to embarrass me to this day. So in a way you could say I have memorised it…
I am a cabbage, split into two
My leaves I give to others, but my heart I give to you.